I've come to realize my hobbies, favourite things in life and what I'm good at incorporate the same things - eating and travelling.
Welcome to Gastro World which chronicles my culinary adventures starting in October 2012 onwards. I'm a regular Jane, like most, and have a 9-to-5 career. Accordingly, the majority of my blogs will consist of reviews from the Greater Toronto area where I reside. But, when I go on vacation, I'll be sure to write about my gastronomical experiences.
I'd love to hear from you! You can contact me by:
- Posting a comment on the blog page
- Emailing me at email@example.com
- Tweeting me at https://twitter.com/GastroWorldBlog
Please be aware:
- My scoring system. Only restaurants where I've had an actual meal will be given a score out of 10. The mark incorporates my overall experience including the food itself, service and atmosphere (although the taste of the food will have the most weighting). Marks are not comparable (i.e. if Restaurant A earns a 7 and Restaurant B a 8, it doesn't necessarily imply A is better than B since the restaurant type, price points and cuisine type differ). The score out of 10 is simply a way for you to decipher how much I liked it.
- Anything under 5 - I really disliked and will never go back
- 6 - decent restaurant but I likely won't return
- 7 - decent restaurant and I will likely return
- 8 - great restaurant that I'd be happy to recommend
- 9 - fantastic restaurant that I would love to visit regularly and highly recommend
- 10 - absolute perfection!
- Pricing is provided to allow you to judge "value for money". I will provide a list of everything ordered (as some meals may include drinks). The pricing will either be shown as a bill total which includes actual food/drink costs, taxes and mandatory service charges (excludes tip) or the price for the dish itself (will not include any taxes or mandatory service charges).
- All reviews are my personal opinion. Taste in food is a subjective thing so you may feel differently about a certain dish or restaurant. I welcome you to voice your agreement or disagreements in the comments section of each post should you have a strong opinion.
- I receive no compensation for my posts. All meals are paid out-of-pocket and I receive no reimbursement from the restaurants. Moreover, by not posting my name or picture on this blog, restaurants should be unaware of when a blogger is present. I am getting very good at snapping pictures quickly and then hiding my phone :)
You can view the entries by date (through the bar on the side) or by location by clicking through the tabs at the top of the page.
Please enjoy and I hope to entice you to try some of these places.